Tuesday, April 10, 2012

Girl Scout Cookies

Karis is 6 and it's her first year in Girl Scouts. This year she is a Daisy. We started taking orders for cookies on January 2nd. The cookies sale was supposed to be over on March 18th, but council extended it until April 8th. I decided to send a case of assorted cookies to work with Kolin to sell. I would replenish as he needed them and then I had 3-4 cases of cookies in the back of my vehicle to sell. I got the car window paint and advertised.  I didn't know how we'll we'd do but surprisingly we've sold around 200 boxes this way with basically no effort at all.

We've had people stop us and ask for cookies while filling up for gas. We've had people write notes and leave them on the windshield asking us to call them and we've had people pull up right beside us at a 4-way stop to ask for...you guessed it cookies. 

I'm not sure what her final count is at this point. As soon as all the booth time she has put in is tallied we'll have a final number.

Karis and I are already looking forward to next year. I'm going to make up some 'business cards' to hand out to everyone who stops for cookies so they can call when they need more.

No comments:

Post a Comment